Close

Thread: Terraria

*pM* VIP

Terraria

Just wondering if anyone here plays Terraria. I have become addicted to it, and have even decompiled it and started writing hacks for newest version 1.0.3.

I am just editing the source directly, so not sure about legality of releasing hacks(would be free if I did). I am a noob when it comes to coding hacks, so don't know how to write a standalone hack. So doubt I will ever release my hacks, but if anyone wants help with decompiling / coding hacks or wants to help each other out let me know.

I am thinking of running a server 24/7 too if people are interested let me know.

Anyways I don't know what else to say here, so any questions feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by thajuggalo View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here plays Terraria. I have become addicted to it, and have even decompiled it and started writing hacks for newest version 1.0.3.

I am just editing the source directly, so not sure about legality of releasing hacks(would be free if I did). I am a noob when it comes to coding hacks, so don't know how to write a standalone hack. So doubt I will ever release my hacks, but if anyone wants help with decompiling / coding hacks or wants to help each other out let me know.

I am thinking of running a server 24/7 too if people are interested let me know.

Anyways I don't know what else to say here, so any questions feel free to ask.
    Well you aren't exactly editing the source code, you are hex editing the executable.

A standalone hack would make those hex edits at runtime instead of to the executable sitting on disk. Either through an API such as writeprocessmemory or by using an injected DLL.

*pM* VIP
    So even if I have the full code of Terraria (each of the .cs files in a .csproj) and build it in visual studio 2010 it is still considered hex editing?

The other programs I have coded to modify 360 gamesaves I know is hex editing, but didn't think this was. I am probably wrong though, and just wanted a clarification to make sure I'm not calling it the wrong thing.

The only file I made in there was ModClass.cs, the rest of the .cs files came from decompiling with ILSpy.

This is what I am editing(click for large picture, didn't want to post a giant picture in here):

Quote Originally Posted by thajuggalo View Post
    So even if I have the full code of Terraria (each of the .cs files in a .csproj) and build it in visual studio 2010 it is still considered hex editing?

The other programs I have coded to modify 360 gamesaves I know is hex editing, but didn't think this was. I am probably wrong though, and just wanted a clarification to make sure I'm not calling it the wrong thing.

The only file I made in there was ModClass.cs, the rest of the .cs files came from decompiling with ILSpy.

This is what I am editing(click for large picture, didn't want to post a giant picture in here):
    I had no idea Terraria was open source... Seems like an odd way to release a game.

*pM* VIP
    Yep, it isn't obfuscated at all, so was able to get the full code with ILSpy. I'm sure future versions will change this, but for now figured I would add stuff in for fun.

i started playing it. Bored now. easy /give item commands. if you are thinking about running a server check out tMod. Easiest server mod tools for terarria.

Patrick Bateman
    Never heard of it, I'll check it out though =)

Yeah I play terraria, pretty cool game